Wednesday, June 11, 2008

iGoogle

Liked using the iGoogle start page, but the trick will be to figure out which one-stop place I want to use and stick with it. I've got all sorts of digital tools, but the more I acquire the more I find it actually impedes my workflow. I think I'll look for a widgit that will provide windows with page links so that I can maybe use my iGoogle as my favorites bar on steroids.

Stuff I did: I changed my theme to a Lance thing (all things cycling and Armstrong!)
I moved all my windows around.
I found a clock and date widgit I liked better -- it was smaller, etc.
I got rid of some news stuff.
I added a tab with searches for concert tickets and cheap flights.
I tried to edit the Brainerd tab and found that I couldn't (the move cursor was not available.)

Of course half of what I want to add is actually blocked by ISD 181. Thank you ISD 181. You have spared me the temptation of looking for cheap flights to Orlando. I can't imagine what would be dirty or inappropriate about a trip to Orlando (Disney?) but ok, you win.

Oh, and again, I'm tossing the links we find from class on my right margin.

The one question that I'm left with is whether or not all of this info is readily available to me. Once I login to my gmail account, does all of this automatically pop up as mine?

No comments: