Wednesday, June 11, 2008

RSS Feeds

nuts. I just typed a great entry on RSS feeds, wanted to reference something, navigated away from this page (NO! NO! NO!) and lost the entry I had written.

So, in a nutshell:
I've used feeds before -- the packaged ones that you can toss in a widgit or whatever they're called in Vista. But I hate them because they're impossible to edit once you've added them. In typical Microsoft fashion your options tend to be all or nothing. So now my Rss reader at home includes all the MSN feeds plus my Facebook updates -- it gets to be way too much info and so I use none of it.

I liked learning about the Google Reader.
I figured out how to create folders and manage my feeds that way. Still can't rename the folders, but I'll figure that out eventually.

And I'm geeky enough to really appreciate this class and the time it allows just to explore.
Thanks, Chris!

No comments: